June 20, 2013
The Never-Ending, Four-Color Festival: Cons, Shows, Events
By Tom Spurgeon
* there's not a ton of convention/festival type stuff on the horizon, so the bulk of eyes and orientations are now refocusing and settling in on Comic-Con
. That doesn't mean there isn't a ton of stuff between now and then, but that's what the majority of the comics "room" will be thinking on.
* if you're going to Comic-Con, and even if you're not, I would suggest following the Toucan blog that they run
from now until show, and maybe just period. I know I'm going to mainstream its coverage into my linkblogging here. I'm way behind. I have a couple of pieces in there somewhere, although I'm too mortified by my own work to go look.
* like I said, there are a number of events, particularly this weekend: a show in San Antonio
, a show in Albuquerque
, a cool-sound little festival in East London
and a fairly important one: the Kids Read/Teens Read event in Ann Arbor
. I am a great fan of specialty shows in places like Ann Arbor.
* the Locust Moon Festival has announced its 2013 date: October 5
* there's a bunch of comics-related stuff at the Edinburgh Book Festival
this year. I will try to figure out individual listings. I am mostly baffled by that one and by the rolling Comica events -- I never know what the hell is going on with either. I'll try to do better.
* finally, here's a great, necessary list from Zack Soto
on indy-friendly conventions and festivals for the calendar year 2013. I'm going to use it, and then I'm going to make one for CR
posted 7:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives