December 5, 2013
The Never-Ending, Four-Color Festival: Cons, Shows, Events
By Tom Spurgeon
* as I'm typing this line in the middle of the night on Tuesday it looks like TCAF table confirmations are going out. Or at least there are happy people on twitter saying so. It's amazing, but the Spring 2014 -- 2014! -- shows are definitely a take-action distance away in terms of securing rooms and flights. It's pretty much a full-out spring from the last weekend of March until mid-May. Heck, you can score cheap rooms from SPX right now.
* holy crap, that's a lot of conventions
* Daryl Cagle went to China
. The next five years are all about non-commercial comics shows, shows in far-off lands and hyper-local events.
* in case you missed it, WonderCon named its first round of comics guests
. That first major Spring convention announcement like that always reorients me to the next year's con calendar in a way that similar news about important Wizard shows does not.
* fifth year of Genghis Con = best year of Genghis con
* finally, I don't do a lot of art shows in this column -- there's no reason, I just haven't done them -- but this one
featuring a mounting of Nicolas De Crecy's New York art looks super-cool. That one second to last, yikes.
posted 2:00 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives