March 2, 2017
The Never-Ending, Four-Color Festival: Shows And Events
By Tom Spurgeon
* whatever you can do for a sick kid is aces with me
. In most cases, you can do a nice thing for a kid
blessed with full health and I'll be right on board, too. A peak experience for someone younger than 12 can shape a life.
* it's all about ECCC
right now. That's a fun show that does a fine job of taking care of its exhibiting professionals. It's in one of the great cities of the world, right downtown. Seattle's changed a lot
since I lived there but some things have stayed the same: visit independent businesses whenever you can, and walk everywhere you're able.
* if you were going to ECCC to meet Injustice
writer Tom Taylor, he's sitting this one out
. If he were like his game-based comic he'd show up and pull off President Trump's arm.
* another step on SDCC's long road to full registration
* speaking of that show, here's Rob Salkowitz interviewing their spokesman, David Glanzer
* there used to be a couple of great little places to buy comics in the '90s in Goshen and Elkhart
. Elkhart in particular had a bookstore with a major back issues component. Hours spent in those places.
* finally, the show for which I work, Cartoon Crossroads Columbus (CXC), has had its exhibitor registration go live
since we last chatted in this column. Maximizing the experience for our exhibiting guests is a special area of focus this year, and always a top concern. We know the con season is busy in the Fall, but we hope you'll consider us.
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives