March 16, 2017
The Never-Ending, Four-Color Festival: Shows And Events
By Tom Spurgeon
* BCC has added a Spring event
with a short guest list of regionally-based comics favorites.
* here's a report from the Big Apple Con
; I think that's the one that lost Stan Lee to health problems. Barbara Eden looks great.
* I am looking forward to seeing WonderCon
. The last time I attended, it was still in San Francisco.
* the news-google search for comic-con and other terms is interesting right now. Just saying. It's a lot of articles about local conventions, a lot of placement articles for celebrities endorsing bigger shows, and the occasional pop-culture item that an editor feels deserves its own call-out. I don't think conventions go away, but that feels like a progression to me, like conventions have become a refined celebrity experience for those that want to see them in the flesh. That's not unlike the way theater can function for a subset of acting aficionados.
* The Beat praises
the Comic-Con International guest list. It's great that Trondheim will be there. He's an A+ guest, and was great during his two previous visits.
* finally, check out these two PIX posters, described here
. With John Kelly and the ToonSeum more significantly involved, that should be a show to watch the next few years. Pittsburgh has everything a great comics community has except perhaps an ingrained comics-reading culture.
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives