July 31, 2014
The Never-Ending, Four-Color Festival: Shows And Events
By Tom Spurgeon
* well, that was something
. A ton of legit news stories still tracking out of CCI, and my notes-report was imminent. Short version: 1) interesting and strong comics show, 2) enough problems and potential problems that I think many people fond of that show are genuinely worried, 3) los bros won eisners.
* they re-adjust in a couple of weeks and focus on APE
. Most of the North American-focused comics community at large focuses on Baltimore
depending on one's general orientation.
* I think it's actually a positive for comics to have some downtime in the schedule the same way I like shows to build in some dead time around the programming and floor hours. Don't get me wrong: there are definitely shows in August, but mostly people are sitting around clutching their heads from the last couple of weeks unless they're directly involved with one of those shows. They'll gear up again for a concentrated run from SPX through ICAF
* one such August festival is Safari Festival
* we should get some more news on ICAF soon, or that's what I've been led to believe. It already looks like a pretty fun show, and Columbus is a fine comics town. I'll be there and look forward to it.
* finally, here's a call for contributions to a Kirby-related exhibition at Angouleme
, which will run next year during the festival and then again at the museum in Angouleme in slightly larger form. Any excuse to run Kirby art.
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives