August 7, 2014
The Never-Ending, Four-Color Festival: Shows And Events
By Tom Spurgeon
* I don't do a lot of store events in this column even though I should. I did note that a shop I used to use a lot when I lived in Seattle, Comics Dungeon, is having an anniversary event with a bunch of different things going on
. Support your local and not-exactly-local comics shop. It's an amazing thing that we have them.
* RM Rhodes has an interesting post up here
about the development of the area surrounding SPX
. The goal is to make it more pedestrian friendly. That area isn't pedestrian-un
friendly. It's just sort of intimidating and weird in terms of pedestrian options.
* Tony Isabella sent in a report
from his "driveway con" -- basically the yard sale I dreamed of finding as a comics-obsessed kid.
* Locus Moon is still accepting applications for its 2014 show
, in late October.
* finally, the released an Emily Carroll SPX poster several days ago now -- I think I noticed it about an hour after last week's column went up and it had been out for a little while by then, even. It's very attractive.
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives