July 3, 2017
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Geof Darrow wins art studios
* Todd Klein on Wonder Woman #17
* Steve Ekstrom talks to Howard Chaykin
about the recent controversies caused by his latest series: a scene of trans panic in issue #1; a scene of torture released as the initial cover -- since changed -- for issue #4.
* not comics: Bully repurposes
an old calendar with days and dates that match this year's. I wish someone would start a small business that made old calendar with match dates available to us. I would use them all the time. Just the Tolkien calendars doing this would be great, or the Love & Rockets
* Paul Post profiles the great Joe Sinnott
. My specific taste in comics may lead me away from a lot of the artists known for their work in the American mainstream, but there are many talented and honorable creators that work there.
* finally, a gift of underground comix-era art featuring female cartoonists has been accepted by the Billy Ireland
. That's terrific. There is no group of cartoonists as underserved by their current reputation than the female underground-era cartoonists.
posted 5:05 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives