June 20, 2012
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
seems like a smart, classy way to get around the dilemma of not wanting to draw Marvel or DC characters at a convention, particularly one like Heroes Con where a significant part of the culture is drawing, period, including sketches of mainstream comics characters. Then again, it shouldn't surprise considering the source.
* Rob Steibel compares some original Marvel Comics color to some re-colored collection
and the original comic beats the newer page half to death it's so not even a contest. We really need to switch our entire culture to orient itself to rich, scanned-in work for all but a few exceptions, and the Fantagraphics/Barks strategy when we don't.
* not comics: pretty sure I'm going to hell for laughing when I saw this
* Johnny Bacardi on a bunch of different comics
. Rob Clough on Paying For It
. Bob Temuka on Midnight Surfer
. Greg McElhatton on Only Skin
. One of the Trouble With Comics
guys reviews Supreme #64
. Sean Gaffney on Puella Magi Madoka Magica Vol. 1
. Grant Goggans on Slaine: Lord Of Misrule
. Sean T. Collins on Jerusalem
. Rob Wells on Champions Classic Vols. 1-2
. Brian Hibbs crushes a lot of comics here
. Ed Sizemore on NonNonBa
* not comics: Dean Haspiel walks through the correspondence for an illustration assignment that didn't work out
. This is actually a fairly genial exchange, and there's a 50 percent kill fee, and it's still depressing.
* this is slightly adorable
* Dan Morrill talks to Micah Baldwin
* not comics: hearken back to the days of commercial art empires
. Those probably weren't great days, but they sure were different. I bet some nice-looking work came out of those places, too.
* David Brothers wants to know if you want a new comics interview podcast
* finally, I love this early '60s Marvel stationery
, plus that their phone number had the word "Templeton" in it. That is a wonderful-sounding word.
posted 2:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives