October 3, 2018
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* great job, Jay
* Josh Kramer talks to Jason Lutes
* Julia Alekseyeva on Cartoon Dialectics #3
* Rocko Jerome on the Olivia Jaimes panel at CXC.
My guess is that with the information I had on my plate I would have made the same decision every time out, even if I might hope to execute specific parts of that plan more effectively. We'll take steps in that direction, too: including plans for some sort of press access at events where it applies. Still, then and now, we will always put the special needs of our guests first. We have to.
* I like that article, by the way, even though I'm responding to an idea floated there. I don't mean for any of that to be an indictment in any way of Rocko's clear prose, smart contextualization and well-observed remarks. I appreciate him designating the story worth covering, and I appreciate the criticism. That's not always easy.
* finally: Chris Britt's recent Brett Kavanaugh cartoon re-introduces the idea of making the a politician's family fair game if the politician brings them up.
This is old-fashioned political posturing to an almost 100 percent degree, of course, not a serious investigation of what might or might not be prudent or responsible, but taken straight it's interesting stuff.
posted 3:05 am PST
Daily Blog Archives