September 7, 2016
The Never-Ending, Four-Color Festival: Shows And Events
By Tom Spurgeon
* a show in Belgium is claiming 90,000 attendees
* I was briefly listed on SPX's web site as moderating the Fantagraphics at 40 panel they're doing. I agreed to be on the panel but not to moderate. I let them know they had me listed incorrectly and they apologized and changed the listing. I won't appear on the panel, either, because at that point it's just too big. I'm not a good moderator when paid and given time (I donate the fee) but I'm a horrible
volunteer moderator and even worse when I don't have time to prepare. They're better off without me and I wish them the best of luck with their panels and their show this year. This note is just to let anyone that thought they'd go so me mumble through another panel that I won't be on stage. I'll be in the audience!
* that nice man the writer Rob Clough lists the activities at this year's election-year AAEC meeting
, which is sure to be a blast. It's on Duke's campus, and he'll be covering a bunch of it.
* always a bummer
. It's dangerous, too. Don't do that.
* here is Chip Zdarsky's Harvey Awards thank-you
. Here is Dean Haspiel's keynote address
* speaking of Zdarsky, here are some photos from his one-man convention in Toronto last weekend
. I want an entire convention center full of people lounging around on beds in bathrobes.
* finally, here's a report from a show in Dublin
posted 5:25 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives