January 21, 2015
The Never-Ending, Four-Color Festival: Shows And Events
By Tom Spurgeon
* the second round of the Porter Air sales that include the TCAF dates: they're up now
. All of their sales should from now until the show, only the price will creep upward sale to sale from $85 each way with that first one a couple of weeks back to about $122 by the final one. I think it's the best way to fly in if it's an option: it's generally cheaper, and it's easier to get from the airport to the general area of the show (you can cab it for $20, or shuttle to the public transit for less than $5). I'll be taking one in this year although I'll be skulking out on the MegaBus to Buffalo to go home.
* that said, I should mention that the last couple of years other airlines have been pretty good about flying into town from some of the Porter stops (or from nearby, like LGA rather than EWR) more cheaply -- Westjet, United and American from New York and Air Canada from Chicago. A college friend of mine that travels up there a lot told me this is pretty new, and probably due a bit to Porter. You do have to find your way from Pearson to the city and back again, but overall it's not as bad as it used to be.
* I'm not sure that I knew about this show: four days is very ambitious
* here's that story about CAKE
trying out for a grant in order to house, stream and generally do their programming in a way that it has maximum benefit. I hope they get it. I think I'm supposed to be at the show.
* while you've been reading this, the first, quiet round of CCI exhibitor hotel room acquisition is wrapping up. Professional and attendee hotel room acquisition is still several weeks away.
* finally, Paul Karasik on his CAB 2014
posted 3:25 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives