Home > Commentary and Features
Welcome to Nerd Vegas: Comic-Con Guide, The Short Form
posted May 28, 2007
If for whatever reason you can't be bothered to read the entire Comic-Con International guide, I hope that you'll consider the following ten pieces of advice to make your week in San Diego a great one.
1. The best way to cut costs is by going to part of the show instead of the whole thing.
2. If you don't typically wear a watch or carry a phone (I don't), you will want to do both on this weekend.
3. Don't worry about staying in the perfect place; worry about having as much fun as you can wherever you end up.
4. Join your hotel's courtesy club so that if something goes wrong you have another "in" and a way for hotel officials can compensate you.
5. In order of desirability, how to get your badge: 1) exhibitor gets it for you, 2) press line, 3) pro line, 4) attendee line, 5) setting up a black market for the creation of counterfeit badges poolside at the Westin.
6. Consider packing your lunches; make dinner dates with a few other people instead of going to dinner "as a group."
7. Attend every party to which you're invited; after-party scenes like the Hyatt are supplements, not substitutes.
8. Don't over-schedule yourself.
9. Once in your life you need to go see the Eisner Awards; ditto the Masquerade.
10. Do something fun in San Diego, something that has nothing to do with the con.