December 9, 2014
Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked: Publishing News
By Tom Spurgeon
* Gary Spencer Millidge sent along this notice
that the new serialization of his Strangehaven
in a publication called Meanwhile...
is now available for pre-order through a variety of distributor-level ways. I look forward to reading it. I don't usually run ads in lieu of actual material, but I think that image is attractive enough I'll pretend like it's a cover.
* a cartoonist named Charles Brubaker wrote in to announce the publication of Smallbug Comics #1
. I prefer my publishing news with a little distance between announcement and publication, but this column was always meant to cover small press and minis, too -- I just never hear from those folks. Please consider making CR
part of your announcements and publishing news process.
* IDW will be working with Walt Simonson on a complete, over-sized version of his Star Slammers work
. That should be a lot of fun, in addition to being very attractive.
* here's an article tracking the various DC Convergence series
. "Convergence" is the blanket title for the big group of two-fers that DC is doing to fill the gap as they move offices from New York to Los Angeles. There should be scattered entertaining reads in there; Doc Shaner drawing the Marvel Family should be fun.
* Andrews McMeel is going to do a paperback version of its Complete Far Side collection
, the great Gary Larson panel feature. The original hardcover is one of the most important comics publications of the last 25 years, anticipating a bunch of higher-end book aimed at something other than the widest possible audience, a big psychological block for mainstream newspaper strips.
* for some reason, word of this project totally based me by
* finally, the new š! is out
. That's always an occasion to celebrate. You may recognize many of the cartoonists because of my routine thievery of those lists for "go, look" posts.
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives