November 16, 2015
Comics By Request: People, Projects In Need Of Funding
By Tom Spurgeon
* I don't usually run an image up top, but Rob Kirby reminded me that Northwest Press is running a kickstarter right now
. They are one of the few LGBT-devoted publishers out there, they have five years under the belt and they're asking for what seems like a modest amount for two publications. I hope you'll consider their project.
* I also don't check in with projects when they fade
, but I wanted to note this one because eventually they promise a second stab at it.
* another project from the Philly crowd that's done gangbusters so far
but you should know about is a book project publishing over 100 pages of lost, never-seen Will Eisner comics from when he was a young man.
* Steve Rude and Mike Baron are celebrating the 35th anniversary of their Nexus
with a few projects, including this crowd-funded compendium book
* this collection of Shadoweyes material
will be funded no matter what readers of CR
do (I bet there are more than a few already involved of course), but Sophie Campbell is a really interesting cartoonist and this work has a lot of narrative force to it so I hope you'll stop by.
* it looks like Peow will make their targeted funding goal, which is great because they're awesome
. I haven't looked at that one yet, but I'll be checking it out simply from a "I will likely want something offered here" perspective.
* this one for two volumes of Kickstand Comics
is another idiosyncratic, worthy project that looks destined to make its initial goal in the very near future.
* here's the ongoing Cerebus project, already way over its goal
* finally, congratulations to Frank Santoro
. Can't wait to see that up and running. I'm still finding these postcards he left all over my house.
posted 1:25 am PST
Daily Blog Archives