October 13, 2013
FFF Results Post #354 -- More Stuff
On Friday, CR
readers were asked to "Name Five Things Not-Comics You Own You Think Of As Being Part Of Your Interest In Comics." This is how they responded.
1. Thing's Head Coffee Mug
2. Script To Reid Fleming
3. Lots Of Long Boxes, Bags, Boards
4. Various Hooked On Comix DVDs
5. New Bondage Fairies T-Shirt
1. Rorschach life-sized cardboard cutout
2. A Girl And Her Gun T-Shirt by Sloane Leong
3. Life Ain't No Ponyfarm mug bySarah Burrini
4. DVD of Comic Book Confidential (plus movie poster & promo comic)
5. Legion Of Superheroes Flight Ring
1. Action Philosopher T-shirt
2. Handmade cardboard & duct tape Captain America shield made for my 7yo son
3. An old Pogo figure
4. Crogan Adventures button set
5. SAW John Porcellino workshop certificate of completion
1. Commissioned Library Sign
3. Marvel 25th Anniversary Stockton Dedication Print
4. Amsco's Marvel World
5. The Internet
* "Hey Kids! Comics!" spinner rack
* Movie poster for "Comic Book Confidential"
* Desktop and mobile versions of BookPedia cataloguing software
* Cerebus Campaign t-shirt
* "V For Vendetta" Guy Fawkes mask
1. Milk & Cheese fridge magnet
2. Throwing Muses t-shirt with Gilbert Hernandez art
3. Carl Barks duck character trading cards packaged with Another Rainbow/Gladstone's albums
4. Diamondback deck
5. Calvin & Hobbes image as wallpaper on my iPad
1. Wooden spider silhouette I bought two of to hang on my wall/use as a template for a home-painted Spider-Man t-shirt.
2. Japanese import Spider-Man T-shirt that I could never wear without spending two years on a starvation diet.
3. A Fisher-Price badge maker I bought in order to make merchandise to sell alongside my comics (only used once).
4. A stash of disposable tablecloths to use at shows.
5. A framed carrier bag from 1997/8 featuring a John Romita jr. drawing of the Ben Reilly Spider-Man, hung upside-down because it looks better that way.
I've attached a picture of the Japanese import Spider-Man t-shirt, as worn by the actress Sarah Alexander in the sitcom Green Wing. It might actually be the same size as the one in my drawer.
1. Drink coasters by Simon Gane and Evan Dorkin
2. A 'Get Bit' T-Shirt (for contributing to Roaring Rick Veitch's Rare Bit Fends)
3. A metal ruler covered in paint from sharing a studio with Al Columbia, that is unusable for measuring
4. An original Laffin Spittin Man head (Laffun Head) They are real. Believe it or not.
5. A wooden box painted by Steven Cerio for my oldest son
1. Bat-Mite statue
2. Green Lantern power rings
3. Focus on George Perez
4. The Comics Journal Library: Jack Kirby
5. Jess Nevins' League of Extraordinary Gentlemen annotations
1. F.O.O.M membership card
2. Complete set of Famous Artist's Cartoon Courses
3. 70's Pepsi Flash glass
4. Howard the Duck for President pin (formerly David Mazzucchelli's)
5. Presspop life-size Pupshaw vinyl figure
5. My not-so-subtle Elijah Snow wardrobe ensemble of white shirt, pants and tie.
4. E.M.P.I.R.E. Shirt (From Casanova)
3. My SDCC 2006 Press Badge (first SDCC visit)
2. Iron Fist T-Shirt
1. Some original art by Sean Murphy
1. Dr. Fate action figure.
2. A big bookcase built to hold all my books about comics.
3. Tiny Tim Big Little Book.
4. Love and Rockets T-shirt
5. A bed built to store my comics out of sight.
1. Anna Paquin as Rogue action figure
2. Little Orphan Annie Ovaltine mug
3. vintage comics spinner rack
4. Mark Beyer's Amy pocket watch
5. last year's xmas present my wife made for me: Krazy Kat
Have a lovely weekend,
1. The original, typed Bruce Jones introduction to an issue of Bernie Wrightson: Master of the Macabre
2. Several old Evan Dorkin newsletters & stickers (the stickers did not age well)
3. My BPRD/Hellboy 2 t-shirt
4. Photos of other peoples' Superman tattoos for when/if I ever finally get one
5. The 1978 Spider-Man calendar
(Number 5 is actually one of my most treasured possessions.)
1. Iron Man light switch cover (with an inappropriately placed switch)
2. Groo/Rufferto X-mas Ornament
3. Golden Records LP of Avengers #4
4. Little Nemo mug from the late '80s
5. Hulk Lip Balm (it's either the kind that Hulk uses or it's Hulk flavored)
posted 12:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives