August 2, 2015
FFF Results Post #425 -- Less Than Five
On Friday, CR
readers were asked to "Name Five Comics-Related Things That Never -- Or Haven't Yet -- Made It To Five." This is how they responded.
1. Times Daniel Clowes has been ripped off by Shia LaBeouf
2. Transformers vs. G.I. Joe issues released for Free Comic Book Day which featured exclusive material by Tom Scioli
3. Editors of Heavy Metal Magazine
4. Black writers involved in those all new, all different Marvel comics
5. Contributions to Five For Friday being rejected.
1. Terror Illustrated (1 issue)
2. Air Pirates Funnies (2 issues)
3. Raw, volume 2 (3 issues)
4. Big Numbers (? issues)
5. Art d’Ecco (4 issues
1. Months since DC did something stupid
2. Days that Watchmen has been out of print
3. IDW Artist's Editions featuring Jack Kirby artwork
4. Fingers per hand on Pogo
5. Number of times any given creator has felt like they were doing as well as they could... in the past five minutes
1. Fingers on Donald Duck’s Hand (But Not Darnold Duck’s)
2. Issues of Instant Piano
3. The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers and Their Pets
4. Cerebus Marriages
5. The Emotional Age of Too Many Online Comic Book Fans
1. Issues Of Blazing Combat
2. Chapters of Vaughn Bode's Sunpot
3. Good Fantastic Four films
4. Volumes of The Cartoon History Of The Universe
5. Trots & Bonnie collections
1. Issues Of D'Arc Tangent
2. Years Of Marvel Self-Distributing Through Heroes World
3. Times The Comics Reporter Will Ever Win An Eisner
4. Guest Appearances By Stan Lee On Thicke Of The Night
5. Peanuts Dailies Starring Ethan
1. Stephen Bissette's Tyrant (only four issues)
2. The Original Big Bang mini-series from Cailber Press that never resolved the cliff-hanger from Issue #4 ( with the modern "Round Table of America" ).
3. Dark Horse seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (they are now on Season 10, their third).
4. Barry Windsor-Smith hardcovers from Fantagraphics related to the magnificent BWS: Storyteller project. So far, Fantagraphics has published three: Young Gods and Friends, The Freebooters, and Adastra in Africa. The fourth and (probably last), centered around Paradoxman, has not yet been released - it's been ten years. I'm still hoping, though!
5. DenSaga by Richard Corben - four amazing issues in the early NIneties, and the story left so far uncompleted. Corben is still making masterpieces, though, as with his recent Rat God form Dark Horse.
posted 12:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives