* the big talked-about thing in my neck of the woods is the current 2D Kickstarter, which looks like it will make it but surely isn't one of those runaway campaigns already over the top. Some attention is still necessary. That new Mirror, Mirror looks good.
On Friday, CR readers were asked to "Name Five Scenes From The Comics That Took Place At Night." This is how they responded.
1. Alec MacGarry falls asleep by the turnpike.
2. Prince Valiant dons the goose skin mask.
3. The police find Speedy Ortiz's car.
4. Ben Grimm stands alone in the pouring rain.
5. Mr. O'Malley crash-lands through Barnaby's opened window.
1. Hey, look: I can't shut off my nose.
2. Shermlock spies a much more suspicious character to follow.
3. Jewish vampire.
4. A Thunderbird driver parked his car in the clothes closet.
5. The hell with Wilma!
1. The Dark Knight returns "I'm born again..."
2. Marv asks a question, and he asks very, very hard
3. Cerebus meets the Roach for the first (but far from last) time
4. Arlo And Janis play hey-diddle-diddle
5. Linus waits for the Great Pumpkin again and again and again...
1. Maggie In The Diner
2. Zot and Jenny Kiss
3. Kitty Pryde Pursued By Other-Dimensional Demon
4. Charlie Brown Lies Awake At Night
5. Gordon and Essen Kissing
1. The Night Gwen Stacy Died
2. Weisshaupt lights the cannon ("Boom")
3. "The Night After" by Ottavani & Barr, Two-Fisted Science. "In 1938, Hans Bethe discovered how stars shine. We still don't know why they're pretty."
4. Gull kills Marie Kelly.
5. Glenn Ganges tries to sleep.