* creators Kurt Busiek and Erik Larsen are having something of a sprawling Twitter argument about what might be needed in terms of narrative/concept tweaks to give a Fantastic Four comic the best chance to find an audience. I think that's a hard task; I think Marvel provided the Lee/Kirby team with some fine creators over the last ten years of their serial run. I think a lot of superhero comics would be improved by crawling out of their own asses a bit, tell exciting adventure stories without making them commentary on "the brand" of the title, but that's just me.
* finally: I believe the creators here and in almost every case like this: it's not exactly comics, but be warned there are people who hover around at all levels of creative endeavor that will take money from you that you almost certainly deserve. Be careful out there.
Go, Look: GLAAD Announces Its Media Awards Nominees, Including Its Usual Attention To Comic Books
You can read a general article about the awards here. It's nice to see a broader range of books noted in the nominees stage than in the awards program's first few years, where the lists focused on superhero comics. It still doesn't feel very alt-y, even in the broadest way that is defined, but there are now wider definitions of the kind of mainstream entertainments that these awards have always covered. It makes for a more interesting list, anyway.
* America by Gabby Rivera, Joe Quinones, Ming Doyle, Stacey Lee, Ramon Villalobos, Walden Wong, Jen Bartel, Annie Wu, Aud Koch, Flaviano, Joe Rivera, Paolo Rivera, José Villarrubia, Jordan Gibson, Tamra Bonvillain, Brittany Peer, Rachelle Rosenberg and Travis Lanham (Marvel Comics)
* The Backstagers by James Tynion IV, Rian Sygh, Walter Baiamonte and Jim Campbell (BOOM! Studios)
* Batwoman by Marguerite Bennett, James Tynion IV, Steve Epting, Jeromy N. Cox, Stephanie Hans, Renato Arlem, Adriano Honorato Lucas, Fernando Blanco, John Rauch and Deron Bennett (DC Comics)
* Black Panther: World of Wakanda by Roxane Gay, Ta-Nehisi Coates, Yona Harvey, Rembert Browne, Alitha E. Martinez, Manny Mederos, Joe Bennett, Afua Richardson, Roberto Poggi, Tamra Bonvillain, Rachelle Rosenberg, Virtual Calligraphy and Joe Sabino (Marvel Comics)