April 10, 2012
Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked
By Tom Spurgeon
* I like the idea of new Steve Ditko comics on a semi-regular basis
, and I like the comics themselves.
* Andrew Wales has posted the cover
to his forthcoming book of art history comics.
* I think I forgot to mention that Brian Bendis has signed a book deal for a volume about the writing of comic books
. That sounds about right to me: Bendis has had a pretty amazing career, and he's been teaching so I bet he's thought some of this stuff out.
* Matt Fraction and David Aja will re-team for a forthcoming series from Marvel
. They worked together on the first chunk of the Iron Fist
re-do from a few years back, the one where Iron Fist punched shit out of a train.
* DC is going to fold an anthology-type series into its line-up
. That seems a good place to fold in characters that are fruitful licenses -- Looker, Kid Eternity -- but maybe not an easy sell to the comic book audience they've fashioned for themselves. I like Jeff Lemire's work and wish him luck with Kid Eternity, but that sounds like a really, really generic take on what is a fun character (a dead child that can raise other people from the dead). At this point, however, just about everything DC does is for someone other than me.
* Brad Guigar is trying out a downloads plan with his Evil, Inc.
* Sean Gaffney writes about
new manga licenses announced at recent show.
* here's a big, long list of forthcoming work
from over at Plastic Farm.
* Sean Gordon Murphy will do a six-issue series on a clone of Jesus turned child star
for the Vertigo imprint.
* Johanna Draper Carlson has notes on the collection of The Line
, a return to print for a classic manga publishing project
, and those announced color Scott Pilgrim books
* here's a facebook page
for Geoff Grogan's Plastic Babyheads From Outer Space
* finally, I am late to this cover image from this summer's League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen book
, but I thought it attractive enough to post anyway.
posted 6:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives