June 15, 2015
Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked: Publishing News
By Tom Spurgeon
* the Library Of American Comics has announced an edition of Beyond Mars
for the second half of 2015. That should be something to see.
* a collection of Robin Malone
would be largely unexpected and I bet a lot of fun.
* the great Ron Regé Jr. is participating in
a newspring project sponsored by Crushed Crustaceon.
* I am not the last authority on publishing deals, obviously, or I would be making them rather than reporting on them. That said, it's hard for me to imagine a scenario in which these comics involving Bill Jemas
will survive the initial investment period. I've been wrong before.
* Johanna Draper Carlson notes
the cancellation of the Image title A Voice In The Dark
. That one has a fascinating backstory, and I wish the creator in question the best of luck.
* the "lost" Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale superhero series, Captain America: White
, will finally be published after a long delay
. I like those stand-alone stories that they've done just fine, and I'm sure I'll catch up to this effort at some point down the line.
* Colleen Doran writes about her involvement
with the forthcoming graphic memoir featuring Stan Lee, including the speed with which that project has come together.
* finally, here's some good news I didn't know about at all
. The Bob Weber/Jay Stephens strip Oh, Brother! is set to have a book from Andrews McMeel
. I had not counted on that. That was a well drawn, well-executed piece of entertainment.
posted 5:25 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives