Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked: Publishing News
By Tom Spurgeon
* Screw Job #3 is the next work from Hidden Fortress Press. That one debuts at this Fall's shows, starting with SPX.
* Steve Brodner spoke at the AAEC yearly meeting last Friday, and the bulk of his presentation was on a forthcoming book of presidential illustrations, starting with McKinley onward. There were a lot of amazing images in there; some are this more complete article about the book, due in 2018.
* there's a nice piece up at Comics&Cola about DC's plans to release an omnibus collection of its Gotham Central series. That was a fun mainstream comic book series during the time it was running, and I imagine will work for years to come.
* Bob Temuka notes that the new publishing recalibration of Marvel likely means no "Ultimate" Marvel Universe. I wasn't a fan of those books, although I recognize the qualities that made The Ultimates for a time the industry "it" book.
* this is the first I've seen image-wise of the new Chip Kidd Peanuts art book, which he made with the help of a deep dive into archives at the Schulz Museum. A book based on comics art minimalism could be really interesting in Kidd's hands.