November 27, 2017
Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked: Publishing News
By Tom Spurgeon
* here's love for a new book by Blutch
. It should already be out, and thus isn't suitable for this column, but Blutch.
* I would read another book in this series
for sure, and I am far from the target audience.
* I like the conception of this crowd-funding column
by Andrea Ayres that looks at publishing projects seeking funding as publishing news. I'm a fan of Priya Huq and will look forward to the anthology in which she's participating.
* the Wonder Woman: Earth One
book -- if I remember correctly that series is books intended for a bookstore market that values stand-alone projects and straight-forward approaches to classic characters -- will apparently come out in August.
This one involves Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette and seems more like a standard rework than an Earth One-style one, but I could be talking completely out of my ass on that. Pretty art. I know DC has done well with point-to books that are out of the time of successful movies, so it must have hurt not to have this one ready for this year's film.
* great to see Seattle's mighty The Stranger picking up Normel Person
and, more generally, running comics again in their new not-every-week format. I hear Greg Stump is in there, too.
* finally: new Shaun Tan in 2018 from Hachette Children's
posted 3:25 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives