December 14, 2015
Bundled, Tossed, Untied And Stacked: Publishing News
By Tom Spurgeon
* another Mineshaft is imminent
. I bet that's the publication for cartoonists whose highest percentage of readers is working cartoonists. Just a guess, though.
* Julia Wertz announced
she'll be doing a series of illustrations for Harper's
* I don't have a significant sense to changes in the basic Marvel Comics setting after this latest "Secret Wars" round of "this changes everything" mini-series, but there are few things here and there that that company's fans are treating like important things: a soft reboot for Dr. Doom for one, and another being a potential repurposing of Galactus
. It'll be interesting if the more drastic changes take place with the characters licensed to non-Marvel studios, as those are some of their oldest, most Marvel-defining creations.
* Bruce Canwell provides a broad update of goings-on at Library Of American Comics
* the ROM character is returning, but not to Marvel: IDW will launch a series through Free Comic Book Day
* it's publishing news only in the broadest sense, but apparently we've had 10 years of Gallimard
* finally, Valiant announced a new round of European market partnerships
. I kept forgetting to post this. They've been a patient company.
posted 3:25 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives