May 28, 2017
Comics By Request: People, Places In Need Of Funding
By Tom Spurgeon
* there's still enough time for the Jess Nevins/Shaenon Garrity collaboration
to make its initial goal, although I'll repeat I'm surprised it hasn't already given those creators' general pedigree.
* Peter Cline's site indicates a Kickstarter on its front page
; don't know anything other than that as it was difficult for me to get to specific pages.
* no joke, I sort of wonder how someone with anxiety disorder even makes it through a crowd-funder, but this one looked pretty safe from the start
* this Karl Kesel project looks like to make it, too
* the existence of this Facebook page would have seem to have implications for both the Bundled and By Request columns, so I will put a link in both
* this bears watching
. As far as I can it's using an element of one of the crowd-funder platforms in a way to facilitate the connection to the material that such sites afford without it being dependent on a certain kind of fundraising to move forward. I could be wrong, in which I case I need to watch it more to figure out what it is.
* I was to see this Christopher Sebela-related crowd-funder make its initial goals
. He strikes me as an underutilized resource in the overall creative landscape. Plus dude's car got totaled. I think they had to get quite a bit beyond their initial goal for that situation to be addressed, but I have to imagine every bit of success helps right now, too.
* congrats to Kilgore Books surging past its initial ask with double-digit days left
. That's a good line-up.
* finally, I like the look of this Dunce comic
posted 5:25 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives