November 19, 2017
Comics By Request: People, Places In Need Of Funding
By Tom Spurgeon
* it's mostly not comics, but that is one beautiful Arnold Roth cover
on the front of the humor magazine American Bystander
for their latest crowdfunder. Man oh man.
* great to see the Becky Beaton campaign surge past
its initial ask in a few days' time. I'm sure they can still use so much more. Please consider giving. I know some of you had a hard time getting a debit card through on that one -- I did, too. Just try a couple of times, you'll get there.
* longtime friend to CR
François Vigneault pointed out to us two crowd-funders with which he's involved, which counts as an endorsement as far as I'm concerned: Furr
and Sci-Fi San Francisco
* all hail Steve Ditko, King of Crowd-Funders
. His desire to keep doing comics after so many years in the industry is awe-inspiring and instructive. The desire for personal expression rarely dies.
* this Ronald Wimberly-involved magazine project
looks like it could be very cool. It's over 50 percent, which usually means it will be successful, but it'd be nice to see it move into somr stretch goals because I bet they'd be cool.
* finally, it's non-comics, but a lot of folks have mentioned to me this crowd-funder for a cartooning-related game
that involves Jason Thompson.
posted 3:25 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives