April 12, 2012
Comics’ Giving Heart—Projects, People In Need Of Funding
* please consider a donation to the Sebastian Babin education fund
, particularly if you feel you benefited from the late Rex Babin's fine editorial cartooning work over the years.
* as is our wont, we look at fundraising projects for pantheon-level cartoonist Jim Woodring
and for iconic small press publisher Sparkplug
. It seems to me that there's been a bit of movement in the Woodring and only a slight boost for the Sparkplug this week. Justin Colussy-Estes writes into CR
with some of his thought about giving to those two projects specifically. I really appreciate that letter. This is a new era in terms of how some comics art will be capitalized, and we're all going to figure out how we want to do it, if we want to do it, and how we'd prefer to do it.
* not comics: here's a superhero-related video project
that also seeks your support. I haven't looked at it yet, but they were nice enough to ask me, so if that's you're kind of thing, you might check it out. That's how I used to dress every casual day when I temped.
* also not exactly comics: good to see Jess Nevins' kickstarter go well
; Nevins has put in a lot of work over the years in his part of the coverage-of-comics field, and I think this reflects how people have received his past work. I look forward to a new Crap Hound
* more good news: the Injury
kickstarter was successful
* put Paul Jenkins and Humberto Ramos on the list of established comics-makers taking a project to crowd funding
* as always, please keep CR
While we love hearing about projects, we're doubly interested in any charitable efforts on behalf of a comics-maker or those related to comics-makers.
posted 3:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives