April 9, 2012
Comics’ Giving Heart—Projects, People In Need Of Funding
* lot of good news out there. It's great to see this Carlton Hargro-spearheaded effort
hit its funding goals. I like that guy, and his last one failed to catch on with a sizable audience. That good man Batton Lash hit his target and then some
. So did Keith Knight
(that's him pictured). Shaenon Garrity crushed it
, which is always good to see.
* this nice person wrote in seeking attention for their Kickstarter project
. Attention doesn't cost anything but about ten seconds of your time, which is indeed more valuable than some would have you believe.
* I don't have the time to do the due diligence necessary to recommend this charitable effort
, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.
* as always, we check in on Jim Woodring's fundraiser on behalf of his Fran
. Woodring is one of the great cartoonists, and it's slightly disheartening to see this one stall out at a little over halfway finished. I'm confident that any project with over half funded and several days remaining will make it to the finish line, but it'd be nice if it happened really quickly.
* also stalling out a bit with many, many days to go is the Sparkplug fundraising effort
. Of all the projects spotlighted in this column's brief life thus far, it's the Woodring and the Sparkplug I'd personally most like to see get over.
* finally, Ted Rall has joined the ranks of established cartoonists
seeking to fund a project via Kickstarter.
posted 12:40 am PST
Daily Blog Archives