June 17, 2009
Bundled, Tossed, Untied and Stacked
By Tom Spurgeon
* Buenaventura Press has added eight books to its catalog for summer 2009: the anthology Le Muscle Carabine #3
, Emelie Ostergren's Evil Dress
, Emelie Ostergren and Clara Johannson's Mexikansk Granso Sparlost Forsvunnen
, Carlos Gonzalez's Slime Freak 9
, Kevin Huizenga's Rumbling Chapter 2
, Archer Prewitt's Work on Paper
, anthology Nazi Knife 5
and anthology Canicola no. 5
. They've also re-stocked a bunch of stuff, so poke around. That's an image from Canicola no. 5
* it looks like Drew Weing is going to return
to his Set To Sea
webcomic. He'd been gone so long I was beginning to wonder if what was up was actually a complete story -- and maybe it is, as the comic looks shut down right now, so perhaps what Weing's talking about is a re-do rather than an extension. It's worth checking out when it gets started, no matter what he's doing to it.
* publisher Brett Warnock mentions
that Top Shelf has sent the new Alec
omnibus off to press. Of all the books coming out in the second half of this year, I'm maybe looking forward to that one the most.
* the cartoonist Shaenon Garrity discusses the collection this August of a first volume of Skin Horse into printed form
* the cartoonist Larry Marder has a picture and some explicit descriptions
of what's coming up with his Beanworld projects.
* the cartoonist and caricaturist Richard Thompson has posted the full cover to the second Cul De Sac collection,
which is due in September.
* finally, DC has announced
that a broadsheet of its first Superman adventure intended for the tabloid Wednesday Comics
will appear in USA Today
, although disappointingly further installments will be on-line at USA Today
posted 11:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives