September 24, 2007
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
Stories from hither and yon; more hither, less yon:
* Another group in France has demanded something in relation to the racism believed inherent to Tintin Au Congo
: an explanation inserted inside
. I thought there was already an introduction to that edition giving at least the historical context for the depictions?
* Mega-popular cartoonist Zep finds the whole idea of messing with Tintin absurd
* I think this is a real: an interview
with bounty-on-his-head Swedish artist Lars Vilks maintains the artist is checking for car bombs before taking a drive.
* John Nee has been promoted
to Senior VP of Business Develop at DC Comics. He was instrumental in bringing that company to manga through its CMX and Flex deals.
* Not comics: I think it'd be funny if they never made a Justice League of America
movie, and instead just allowed it to exist to generate "hey, look who we're casting
" stories from here to the end of time.
posted 10:10 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives