March 27, 2016
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Kurt Ankeny talks to Tyler Landry
. Ron Rosenbaum profiles Molly Crabapple
* this is so old -- solely because of my inability to catch it -- that I really can't make it its own post without confusing people, but an award called the Prix Tournesol went to Derf back at Angouleme
. It's one of the outside awards that kind of drafts behind the big show, but it should have been noted. I was busy being enraged by the Festival's terrible attempt at spinning its Grand Prix fiasco, but there's no real excuse.
* go, look: Al Columbia drawing Sea Monkeys
. Here's another Columbia
from the same source, the Facebook account of the newspaper anthology Smoke Signal
. Their latest issue features a Columbia cover that's pretty amazing.
* I don't know that I totally trust this link
-- it took me a to January/February sale when I initially used it myself -- but if it doesn't poke around at their site and social media and you should find Fantagraphics doing an "underground sale." Of the works that I saw offered, and I hope the same works will be offered again or this commentary is useless, I liked the Sacco humor book and generally admire the work of Patrick Rosenkranz.
* finally, cutest exhibitor ever
posted 5:05 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives