March 29, 2010
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Xaviar Xerexes relates word
that Patrick Farley would like to return to webcomics making and may need a bit of your cash to get started.
* it was hard for me to get through this long essay
on how Kurt Busiek ruined superhero comics, but I think I managed to disagree with every single idea that it suggested. You may do better than I did in both getting through it and retaining enough of it to make an argument of it.
* the great Paul Gravett goes through some of the simplistic misunderstandings
that folks bring to manga.
* Alan Gardner notes
that Paul Gilligan referring to Wiley Miller as a douchebag for entering his panel that sometimes runs in a strip space as a strip in the NCS Awards. It's a very lively comments thread, although I'd be lying if I said the first thing I did was something other than run a search to see if Miller himself responded (he didn't).
* Russ Manning: Kinky
? Well, yeah
. That little skirt Magnus wore made me feel all squishy inside and that comic was 15 years before my time.
* this made me laugh.
And so did this
, I'm not shamed to admit.
* more on the scanlation debate
. I would greatly prefer it if scolding were
the answer. I'm great at scolding.
* finally, don't anyone panic, but I think the genre-destroying writer Kurt Busiek may have lost his mind.
posted 3:00 am PST
Daily Blog Archives