July 4, 2016
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Erica Friedman on Otouto No Otto Vol. 2
* John Adcock talks to Ron Ferdinand
* not comics: the thing that interests me about this kind of layoffs story is that we're talking layoffs from a model that was supposed to solve the problems that led to the last model's descent into frequent layoffs.
* can't remember if I linked to this comic over at Rookie
a few days ago but in case I didn't, here you go
* go, watch: cartoonists on The Zoomer
* I enjoyed this article
about some recent plot-line stuff in the Marvel comics and how the writer thought they were situationally accurate. I bet if the best creators of that kind of comic were given fewer narrative restrictions we'd have a bunch of nice runs of different comics going right now. That's just a hunch, though.
* I was alerted to the fact that this site
is doing short interviews with comics-makers, so that might be worth a temporary bookmark on your part if you're interested. I already see pieces up with Rick Geary
and Geoff Grogan
* finally, Ben Hatke picks the picture books he likes
posted 5:05 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives