August 25, 2016
Random Comics News Story Round-Up
* Todd Klein on Wonder Woman #2
* not comics: a modern adaptation of the Madbomb story would have only pleased me
, and only if they used the Revolutionary War outfits, which was about .5 percent chance.
* I'm not sure I remembered to post this
on the site this week, but this American's experience at a Comiket was super-fascinating. It sounds to me like most people in comics I know might struggle with the "being one tiny element part of a huge show" at something like this. I encourage cartoonists to show their stuff as many places as they can and want.
* hey, look: it's MariNaomi in a magazine
* Art Spiegelman selects a bunch of solid one-pagers for publication on the New Yorker site
. I always enjoy it when Spiegelman curates, even on something like this, mostly because I think his taste is as refined as anyone's in comics. He takes this stuff seriously, thinks about it, and makes choices. That usually means you get a strong list and
likely pushback from people that see refinement as restriction.
* finally, Team Trouble With Comics members name their favorite things in comics
. That is a late '90s kind of on-line article right there.
posted 5:05 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives