June 18, 2018
Your 2018 Russ Manning Promising Newcoming Award Nominees
Comic-Con announced the 2018 nominees for the Russ Manning Promising Newcomer Award Monday afternoon via press release. The award is presented yearly to a comics artist "who early in his or her career shows a superior knowledge and ability in the art of creating comics."
The award's namesake, Russ Manning
, was known for his work on the comic strip version of Star Wars
, the iconic newspaper strip Tarzan
and the memorable comic book effort Magnus, Robot Figher
. He was an early supporter of Comic-Con
as a popular professional guest.
Your nominees are:
* Sean Rubin, writer/artist of Bolivar (Archaia/BOOM!)
* Hamish Steele, writer/artist of Pantheon (Nobrow)
* Pablo Tunica, artist of TMNT Universe (IDW)
* Nina Vakeuva, writer/artist of Hi-Fi Fight Club/Heavy Vinyl (BOOM!)
* Campbell Whyte, writer/artist of Home Time (Top Shelf)
The show's PR points out that this year's nominees are distinguished by coming from multiple countries.
The winner will be announced July 20 during the Eisner Awards ceremony held during Comic-Con International
Past winners of the popular award include Eric Shanower
, Dave Stevens
, Cathy Malkasian
, Steve Rude
, Eleanor Davis
and Scott McCloud
. Congratulations to all the nominees.
posted 5:35 pm PST
Daily Blog Archives