February 24, 2006
Your Daily Danish Cartoons Update
* The following are links to news of protests, political developments, economic boycotts, cartoonist reaction and editorial decision-making that can be linked back to Denmark's Jyllands-Posten
newspaper publishing 12 cartoons featuring the Prophet Muhammed last Fall. (early timeline
* Protests continue
* The New York Times covers this week's tragic run of events
* It may be the optimism of a Friday morning with protests but not freakishly violent ones, but today feels like a slight intake of breath until what should be an outporing of political ramification coverage and editorializing
that will, hopefully, be either the final chapter in the whole horrid affair or at least this cycle of it. Today the headliner is the Chechen prime minister backpedaling
on barring Danish aid workers. Danish Prime Mininster Anders Fogh Rasmussen once again says
basically, "No probe necessary, thanks" and seems more of a mind that this may be the end of a cycle rather than the affair altogether.
* In one of the strongest statements by a cartoonist yet, Doug Marlette at Salon
calls much of the reaction in the West "gutless" and "brainless."
* Two regional round-ups: New York
posted 2:17 am PST
Daily Blog Archives